Monday, August 12, 2013

Meet Diablo Blanco

Meet Diablo Blanco-

This is my youngest son, finger painting with Cocoa Pebbles in his room at 9:00 at night. He stole this cereal out of the pantry, on the top shelf without making a sound. I have three older children and never has any of them given me such a run for my money as this one. If he would have been a first, I'm sure he would have been an only child. Diablo Blanco, as we call him, is a a little terrorist. He is two years old and his terrible two's started at a year old and I'm pretty sure they will never end. Like ever. This kid screams for absolutely no reason. He can never behave in Wal-Mart. I'm that Mom that everyone hates. He'll scream and throw himself on the floor and it's not even over a "no" comment. Half the time, I don't even know what he is so pissed about and I don't really think he knows, either. Sometimes, I'll just stare at him, ask him where his parents are and run around the corner of the aisle. This usually snaps him out of his latest melt down and he will sit in the basket for 15 minutes without a word. And then he forgets. We're back to square ONE. He's just insane and driving me to drinking.
Another time, I was cleaning the kitchen. He was watching Mickey Mouse in the living room being awesome. It got eerily quiet and as I went to check on him I noticed he was missing. I ran around my house, yelling his name. Ran outside and yelled louder. Went back inside to grab my phone to call 911, because turning myself in now for losing a 2 year old seemed like a good way to claim my mother of the year award.
And then, I heard it. I slight snicker. A very quiet one. I went to the bathroom, the only place I hadn't checked thoroughly, ripped back the shower curtain and found this:


He looked up at me with this grin and I know exactly what he was thinking, "Hey Mom! I heard you the whole time, yelling for me and almost shitting your pants and I was right here the whole time. Silly Mommy." None, I repeat, NONE of my children have ever done this to me before. I have had pretty well behaved kids. Casanova was quiet and good with his occasional temper tantrums. Snoopy was a sweet little girl that walked 9 months and talked by 1 year, Her occasional craziness consisted of smearing her diaper all over the wall and drinking random liquids that had me calling poison control three times in 1 week. ScarFace was the best baby of all of them. He slept through the night at 1 month, rarely cried and played well by himself or with others. Very laid back kid then and now. Nothing, including Snoopy's antics, could've prepared me for this. This little crazy kid. The one they call Diablo Blanco. Anything this kid can do to scare me, he does it. Like jumping off the FireWork stand (Blame Uncle Scotty for that one) or climbing to the top bunk and jumping off to his brothers. He makes constant messes anywhere he goes and anytime of the day. And I'm about ready to sell him to the Circus. 


Until he does things like this: 

Or this:

Then he sucks you in with his sweetness. Don't be fooled, because it only lasts a short while. He will charm you and make you just fall in love with him. I must be paying for Hubby's raising because I was way too precious to be this devious. 


** How can you not love that kid...... Look at the SuperMan mask and the sweet hugs to his Great Grandpa. Damn it, kid. You did it again.**

No comments:

Post a Comment